The weather is cooling down, but the market may be heating up. While every season could be a great one to sell, selling during fall has a few added benefits.
Because school is back in session and the holiday season hasn’t yet arrived, buyers who have been putting it off often finally have the time to focus on their home search. Plus, the cooler temperatures make the house-hunting experience more enjoyable, and this usually brings buyers out in droves to open houses on the weekends.
If you’re ready to put your house on the market to take advantage of the hustle and bustle of the fall buying season, here are five tips to get your home market-ready:
- Set the ambiance: Make it easy for buyers to imagine themselves spending cozy evenings in front of the fireplace by giving yours some love. Light a fire before your open house, or arrange fall décor in lieu of a fire to give the space some warmth.
- Light it up: Autumn brings shorter days and, with them, a lack of natural light and an abundance of shadows that can darken your home. Brighten up your space by flipping all lights on, opening blinds and keeping all electronics or harsh lighting turned off.
- Play with color: Drop a few splashes of color around your home to really enhance the inviting fall vibe. This can easily be done with throw blankets, warm-colored candles and fall-themed accent centerpieces on tables, or other open areas.
- Spruce up the yard: Piles of leaves can be fun to play in, but that doesn’t mean potential buyers want to see them in the front yard. Grab a rake and a pair of shears to get rid of leaves, overgrown shrubbery and anything else that will distract from the beauty of your home.
- Fall treats: Nothing says “home” like a freshly baked treat. Bake and share a few with visitors and let the smell of fall waft throughout. Displaying a bowl of red apples and a fall cookbook near the stove will set the tone for cooking fall recipes.
If you’re looking to buy or sell in the Boise area, we’d love to be your home loan partner! Team Mandi is here to make the home-buying process a great and enjoyable one. Don’t hesitate to contact us today!