Whether you’re listing your home through an agent or going at it alone, a vital step to getting it sold is hosting a successful open house.
Opening your home will give you the opportunity to make it shine to potential buyers. However, unlike with photos that can hide areas of your home, buyers will have the chance to get up close and personal with every nook and cranny in your home. Because of this, it’s important to prepare.
Here are five tips to showcase your home to maximize the selling price and increase the speed at which it’s sold.
- Get rid of clutter: If there has ever been a time to get rid of all of that clutter lying around, it’s now. Extra clutter makes a home feel smaller and makes it harder for buyers to picture their own belongings in it. Take a sweep through your home and get rid of items you no longer need or put them in storage while your home is on the market.
- Light it up: Lighting plays a key role in enhancing your home’s beauty. Open up windows and curtains to let natural light flood all areas of your home, and turn on artificial light sources for added brightness and warmth.
- Offer refreshments: Offering a light snack and/or beverage serves a couple of purposes. The first is that it’s easier for buyers to envision themselves utilizing the kitchen if they lived there. Second, open house visitors will be motivated to stay a little bit longer and take another look around if they’re comfortable.
- Keep pets away: Having pets around can be stressful for not only the animals, but home buyers too. Either place pets in a safe area that is away from foot traffic or, even better, find care for them the day of the open house. This will eliminate any unnecessary noise or chaos.
- Hide personal items: While your family photos and artwork made by your children make your space feel like home to you, it can actually have the opposite effect on buyers by making it harder for them to envision the home as their own. Tuck these items away or store them until your house is sold.
Our team would love to help you call Boise “home” and make your buying experience an enjoyable one. Contact us today!