As if you need yet another reason to want to call Boise “home,” the City of Boise has announced that 2018 was a record year for our community when it comes to an overall decrease in crime. As of 2018, the crime rate is down 61 percent from its peak in 1994. This includes a 63 percent drop in property crimes.
The report, compiled with statistics from the Boise Police Department, attributed factors like strategic community policing that encourages frequent engagement, strong and active neighborhoods, opportunities for youth, and businesses engaged in the community.
All of these factors have worked together to bring the crime rate down from 58.36 crimes per 1,000 residents in 1994, to 22.75 crimes per 1,000 residents last year. This makes up a 25 percent drop in crime over the last decade.
If you’re looking for more than just a safe neighborhood to call “home,” here are a few other reasons to consider making the move to Boise:
- We’re located in one of the best states! The “Gem State” claimed the top spot on a list of the 10 best states to live in.
- We have some of the safest drivers in the nation, claiming the second spot on Allstate Insurance’s “America’s Best Drivers Report” for two years in a row.
- We have a thriving restaurant scene, with new restaurants opening on a regular basis. Whatever your cuisine preference, you’ll probably find somewhere to hit the spot.
- Clean air is abundant here, with the Boise City Council committing to a community-wide usage of 100 percent clean electricity by 2035.
- You never have to look far to find fun things to do here, and huge national events like the “Road to X Games” X Games Qualifier regularly add Boise to their list of major cities to stop in.
Well, what are you waiting for? If you’ve been thinking about making the move out this way, great choice! We would love to make your move to Boise a seamless one. Contact Team Mandi today to get started.